Unit 42, Murdock Road, Bicester, Oxfordshire. OX26 4PP
Tel: 01869 324442 Fax: 01869 241175
What this policy covers
The Granite House Ltd is committed to protecting your personal information and being transparent about what information we hold about you.
We have made improvements to this Policy so that transparency is at the core of what we do and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation.
The purpose of this Policy is to give you a clear explanation about how The Granite House collects and uses the personal information you provide to us and information that we collect, whether online, via phone, email, or from our trade customers.
We ensure that we use your information in accordance with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information. This policy explains:
• What information The Granite House may collect about you;
• How we will use that information;
• Whether we disclose your details to anyone else;
• Your choices regarding the information you provide to us; and
The Granite House is a stone fabricator offering measuring, fabrication and installation services in relation to the stone and acrylic products we supply our customers with.
The Granite House is registered at Companies House under registration number 05213040 and our registered office is Unit 42, Murdock Road, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 4PP.
Information we collect
We may collect and process information about you:
(a) When you interact with us directly by:
• Visiting our website;
• Contacting us either in writing by email, or by calling our customers services number.
(b) From third parties
• When you interact with a third party such as one of our trade customers about their products and you give them permission to share your contact information with us;
The personal information you provide to us may include: name, email address, phone number (including mobile number), company name, country.
Information we collect about you may include: information about your company, information about your interaction with our website collected using cookies stored on your device, your IP.
How and why we use your information
We use your information to:
• Provide you with the product or service requested by you;
• If you are a customer, to administer and process your orders, provide you with customer services and service messages relating to your orders, update our records and generally maintain your accounts with us.
• Personalise the content of our emails based on your requirements.
• Provide you with information about our products and services that we believe will be of interest to you, via email or phone if you sign up with us. You may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on any of our emails, or change your communication preferences by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Manage customer requests and enquiries
• Request testimonials about products and our service
• If you apply to work with us, to process that application.
• To comply with any legal, regulatory or corporate governance obligations and good practice or in connection with legal proceedings or investigations.
• We do not sell, trade or rent information on our users to any third parties.
Fulfilment of our products and services.
We collect and maintain personal information that you voluntarily submit to us and when you purchase products from us or use our services.
If you register for a customer account with The Granite House, we will use your trade account name and number, name, email address and postcode to process your registration. We will use your account information so that we can administer your account with us and we will use any payment details you provide so that we can make payments at your request. Worktop Design Services
If you request our template and installation services, we will use your name and contact details (email address, postal address, telephone number) and any other information you volunteer to arrange and carry out a visit to your home to provide the service you have requested.
Who do we share your personal information with for this purpose?
We will share your personal information with the following categories of third parties as necessary when supplying our products and services:
• Credit card companies and other payment providers who assist us with the verification of card payments and the processing of refunds; • Delivery and courier companies who assist us with delivering products to our customers;
• Your builder or professional installer whom we may need to cooperate with in relation to the products and services you have requested from them and us; • Stone and acrylic suppliers and manufacturers who assist us by providing aftersales support for the products we provide
• Stone and acrylic suppliers and manufacturers who assist us by providing aftersales support for the products we provide
Please note this list is non-exhaustive and there may be circumstances where we need to share personal information with other third parties to provide the products and services as effectively as we can.
What is our legal basis?
It is necessary for us to use your personal information to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you or it is in our legitimate interest or a third party’s legitimate interest to use personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the products and services you have requested in an effective and efficient way.
Sharing customer information outside of the EEA
We do not share your personal information to countries outside of the EEA.
Visitors to our websites
When someone visits our websites at www.thegranitehouse.co.uk we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our main website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our website, we will be upfront about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and explain what we intend to do with it.
Third Party Sites
We are committed to keeping the personal information you provide to us secure and we will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration.
We have implemented information security policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from: • unauthorised access; • improper use or disclosure; • unauthorised modification; and • unlawful destruction or accidental loss. All our employees and data processors (i.e. those who process your personal information on our behalf, for the purposes listed above) who have access to and are associated with the processing of personal information are obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal information of all users of our Site and our Services.
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, and even though we take these measures, we cannot guarantee its security if you transfer information over the Internet to us.
You are responsible for ensuring that personal data is transferred to us securely. We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that all the personal data that is submitted to us for the purposes above remains secure and have procedures to protect the storage and disclosure of personal data.
Keeping your personal data
Some of the information you provide to us will be necessary to carry out repeated tasks, such as verifying your identity or payment details, providing our services to you. We will keep this information for as long as is reasonably necessary to retain the information for our legitimate interests, such as for the purposes of exercising our legal rights or where we are permitted to do so for purposes
After this time, we may need to hold your personal data to meet our financial obligations or identify or resolve issues or courses of action. If your account is inactive for more than five years, we reserve the right to delete any information you have provided to us.
When your information is no longer required, we will ensure it is disposed of in a secure manner Your rights
With effect from 25 May 2018, you have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you have provided to us (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer it to a third party of your choice.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to request access to the personal information we hold on you. In the event of any inaccuracies, you may ask to have this information corrected. We may need to ask for proof of identity before we share any personal information with you and to charge you a small fee for providing you with your personal data, as permitted by applicable law.
Changes to our Policy notice
Updated 23 May 2018